LESL delivers a broad range of consultancy projects to private and public sector clients, working with SME and third-sector businesses in key strategic and operational areas.
- Strategic business planning
- Marketing strategy development and implementation
- Financial planning
- Organisational development reviews (e.g. training needs' analysis)
- Business sector studies
- ICT expert support to review IT systems, web marketing and social media strategies.
Typically these projects are delivered on behalf of key clients including the Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise, local authorities and the private sector (both corporate and SME).
Here are a few examples:
- LESL also delivers training specifically for the third sector, including master-classes on the potential of inter-trading and collaborate working. These have been delivered to more than 50 social enterprises in Lanarkshire on behalf of the local Social Economy Partnership.
- The Just Enterprise programme, delivered for the Scottish Government, is a specialist support programme helping social enterprises with potential to grow sustainability. LESL, as client manager, helps organisations to identify the type of support required, and then matches that to the appropriate expertise in marketing, business planning and financial planning (www.justenterprise.org).
- ICT Expert Support, delivered for Scottish Enterprise, provides SMEs with up to two days' "hands on" support from one of our expert advisers, typically producing an ICT action plan. Client work might include a website audit and development of tendering documentation for a new website, developing a social media / internet marketing strategy or reviewing current IT systems in order to develop a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system brief.
- We produced a sector-specific report on the provision of childcare, working with 37 local authority partnership nurseries in North Lanarkshire, assessing the sector for its performance in financial management, people management, information and systems. The research covered staff qualifications, pay grades, checking up-to-date audited accounts and the role of the manager in each nursery, and the final report detailed key findings and recommendations.
- LESL was commissioned by SE Lanarkshire to produce a training and development needs' assessment for the construction industry, covering business growth and development skills. LESL's team worked with 40 SMEs in the construction sector, presenting each with a training plan, as well as submitting an overall report and recommendations to Scottish Enterprise.